CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Better Week...

I don't like when it seems like I am only focusing on the negative in my posts. I blog to get things off my chest, but I don't think I am a negative person. I am a dreamer for sure therefore I think I am more of the glass is half full kind of girl. I know there are many reasons for my negative attitude lately, but that is no excuse to walk around with my head hanging low. It's a new week, new attitude and hopefully things this week will be better than last week!
I have my car now, which is great. I don't mind staying at my parents house and I am grateful for being given this opportunity to stay here. I will be able to save up money and pay off some bills. Mike and I will be buying our first house soon. I hope to have one picked out before my 30th birthday (the end of September). I have been looking, I know the first house we buy won't be my dream house, but I still love to look at the homes way outside of our price range. I don't have as many stipulations as I once did on what I want my home to have. The main things are a yard (which is hard to come by in CA especially in the newer homes we are looking at), a minimum of 4 bedrooms plus a loft (to be used as an office)at least 2 full baths (3 would be better)2 car garage (3 would be great)and a wonderful kitchen. I have seen some homes that I love, love, love that have a butlers kitchen and a casita (1 bed/bath guest house). They are currently out of my price range, but hey, the market is still dropping, there might be hope! I have a couple of homes picked out. Once DH gets the VA loan paperwork processed I will make a trip to San Diego to view some homes. DH said I can pick it all myself. I won't though, this is too big of a deal for me to decide alone. When in reality even if he is there, it is still what I want!
Mike made it to his school in VA. His dream as a little boy was to live in a hotel. Well, for the next 86 days he will be living in a hotel. The pier Diem barracks were full so he is staying at the Marriot. He said it is so nice, it is like a 1 bedroom apartment, has a full kitchen, etc. I better make a trip out there soon!!
Finally after nearly 3 weeks of calling on a daily basis Mia has her Pediasure. Her dr. gave her a rx for 4 cans a day (like 4 cases a month) and the place was taking forever to get back to me to fill the rx. They dropped off one case yesterday and the other 3 cases will come UPS tomorrow. What a waste of money to send the Pedi through UPS especially when they just came to my house. Anyway, who knows what will happen next month with the Pediasure. This comes from a home health care place, but the new ped wrote a regular rx. I suppose I just take it to the pharmacy. I am not really sure, I hope it isn't generic though. I also hope I don't have to pay either. I am not supposed to, but we will wait and see. I will not worry about that for now.

I am still trying to get Mia into therapy. I feel very worn out and frustrated. I know once the referrals go through things should smooth out. Right now Mia's speech needs I think the most attention. She is forming bad habits, she grunts for everything she wants, throws fits if you can't figure out what she wants and she waves her hand (trying to whack you). I am thrilled to see her personality coming out and I am glad to see she has an opinion, but I want her to learn her words. Less frustration for her and me!

I will post pictures soon of Mia's walking device grandpa made for her!

3 comments:

Popcorn House said...

Glad things are better this week. I can't wait to see the walking device.

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

I'm having a hard time lately. Just wanted to tell you I still think about you.

Barbara said...

Glad things are going better - you sure have a lot going on. Good Luck with the house hunting - it sounds like fun!