CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 18, 2008

Isn't It Strange...

I am so tired of dealing with IDIOTS! A week ago Mia went to her new ped. The office staff seemed very clueless and the doctor wasn't much better. I will be switching her to a new ped. But while I was there I requested referrals for PT, ST, OT and aquatherapy. I recvd a call from a place that said they recvd a referral for OT. When my father spoke to them he could tell they didn't know Mia was a toddler (his first clue, they called and asked to speak to Mia). When they realized her age they said they weren't sure they could help. I called back and left a message. They returned and left a message referring me to another place. However she is referring me to a place for OT and the insurance auth for this was for PT. So, dealings with an idiot continue. I recvd a call from Mia's ped office and they said I could come and pick up the referral. When I got there it was just the 1 referral for the PT that I already knew about. I questioned her, she argued. She then lies and says the other services were declined. I told her that wasn't true because when things are declined I get a letter in the mail and I didn't. I got the letter for approval of PT though. She then tries to tell me that this PT place has to eval her for ST. I said her physical ability and her speech are 2 different things and this PT place doesn't do or have anthing to do with ST. I requested her to process the requests again.

I get home and call the insurance. My suspicions were correct. They never recvd a request for ST, OT or aquatherapy. The girl from the insurance then tells me that her son is 2 days older than Mia. Then she asked me why Mia has PT. I didn't think anything of it. She said, "Well, the reason that I ask is because my son has PT, he had a stroke early on". Isn't it strange, when you feel like you're the only one in the world dealing with this stuff and then boom it smacks you in the face...you're not alone. We got to talking and I told her about a wonderful site BBC, CP board. She said she never even knew babies could have strokes. I told her there are a few moms on the boards that have children with similar dx as her son. His right side is affected. I was a bit jealous to hear that her son devel is up to par, with the exception of his right side. Of course I don't want anyone to be delayed, it is just me being a baby about my situation. I know that I would much rather have Mia with her delays then to have her stillborn. I know that I have been blessed and prayers have been answered.

I call the ped office back and speak to the idiot again and her story changes again. Now she said, well we put in the referral all at once and they processed it wrong. I said, fine can you resubmit the referral since they said they don't have it. Why can't people work with me, not against me? I can't wait to get to SD Childrens Hosp. I have a feeling things will be much smoother there. That is 4-5 months away though. In the meantime my dad is building Mia something to help her balance and practice walking. I pray this will help her be more confident and balance better.
I also got a call from EI, what a freaken waste of time. They won't even come for an eval until May 1. She will never have services at this point. Between the idiots at the doctors office and EI's inability to provide services we are working backwards here! Back to square 1. I have a migraine so I could not deal with anymore phone calls today. We are still without therapies and pediasure, but we have each other!

2 comments:

Popcorn House said...

That is crappy! I would be so frustrated! How awesome of your dad to make Mia something to help her walk. That will be great. It sounds like your parents are really being supported. And you come on and vent all your frustrations on here girl.

Kiera said...

Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you Tara. There is so much going on for you right now and this is the last thing you need to deal with. I hope that it gets straightened out soon. I hate dealing with the referral mess!