CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

FRUSTRATION!

I am so peeved right now. I heard that the early intervention program in this area was bad and hard to get therapy from. I was told in Hawaii that because Mia had a new IFSP we shouldn't have a break in therapy as they could base her therapy for a month off of her Hawaii IFSP. Well, that is a bunch of bull. I called EI Monday and left messages for 2 people. One called and said she was the wrong one to call and the other called and said she had my information and would pass it on to the care coordinater and she would call me in about 2 weeks. I flipped. It got me no where. She said they would hope to start therapy in 45 days or less. I am just so mad.

I wouldn't be as mad if I could find a place to take Mia to for private PT/ST and aquatherapy. I thought I had a hard time living in Hawaii finding this stuff but I am findind it more difficult to find out here in California. I want Mia to be in lots of therapy. Every place I call said they don't work with kids her age. I have searched all over the internet and can't find any place! I am so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must be mad since I kept typing I AM MAD! It is just so frustrating to even have to be searching for a place to take her and then to keep facing rejection is just too much for me. I want to flip my lid!

5 comments:

Popcorn House said...

Hugs girl! We have our therapy at the hospital rehab center. There is a pediatric department here. Just a thought. I think what will be hard with any move is figuring out how they do things. I was actually talking to my PT about her work in Texas and in Minnesota, and she said that each state does it differently. There should be someone at a federal level that knows the ins and outs of each state and what to do. Let us know what happens and how it works out.

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

THAT is EXACTLY why we do NOT use state funded therapy. We use ONLY private. They are also closed for spring break, 2-3 weeks for Christmas break, other holidays and summer. How was that going to help Logen. He didn't need to take 2 months off, unfortunitely he will always have a 'disablity'. He never gets a break, why should therapy close their doors for a break? Now, I'm just on a soap box. I feel your pain though. I've never heard good things about state stuff in Arkansas. I know several people use it on the board, but I know you will not get a whole lot of therapy using early intervention services. Good luck!

Melissa said...

Hey Tara,
It's Melissa from the BBC CP Board. Now that you are in San Diego....you gotta make a trip up to Orange County/Huntington Beach!! O.K...back to the topic...have you tried your local Regional Center?? They usually are your source of therapy until age 3-shoot me an e-mail if you want more help or info!!

Carolina said...

tara - have you checked out the ASHA website? it's our national organization, but it has a link at the top that says "find a professional". you type in your zip code and it gives you results in your area. oftentimes they list both individuals that provide therapies and centers. i searched in san diego and there was something called speech, language and neurosensory center...or something like that that sounded interesting. i'd just call a bunch of places and see if they offer PT, OT, speech, aquatherapy, etc. Hope this helps!

Popcorn House said...

How is it going Tara? Were you able to find therapy services? UPDATE PLEASE!!!