CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hodge Podge

Wow, I sure haven't been a very faithful blogger lately. I am slippin. It's not that I don't still have a love for bloggin, but I must admit CVS is taking my time, I am kind of two timing my blog. Ok, so I tried and I guess I am not that funny. It is true though, I have become an addict. Like a real one, I can't sleep and I get a real high after most of my CVS trips. If they don't go as planned and I don't get my fix, WATCH OUT! Ok, I won't go on and on about CVS though, I would love to. Cut to the chase. I went to CVS last night and sorry there is no photos but here is the run down.
27 oz bag of M & M's (6.00)
2 Garnier face scrub (5.99 each)
3 Nivea Shave Cream (3.99 each)
1 Reeces (.50)
2 Sour Patch Kids (.88 each)
I had the following coupons:
2 $1/1 for Garnier
1 $4/2 for Nivea
1 $1/1 for Nivea
1 $1/2 for candy
1 $3/15 CVS coupon
My Subtotal was $13.48 and I had ECB's that came out to $13.48 so I paid ZERO OUT OF POCKET. I got 10 ECB for Garnier and 5 ECB for Nivea

Today I went back and I got
3 Nivea Shave Gream
2 Garnier Face Scrub
1 Oral B Two Pack toothbrush
1 Halls Cough Drop
2 bags of Sour Patch Kids
Total was .37 out of pocket and I earned 10 ECB for Garnier, 6.99 ECB for Oral B, 5 ECB for Nivea and 5 ECB for the candy deal. I am lovin me some CVS
I will go tomorrow and earn another 21.98 in ECBS when I buy 2 more Oral B 2 pack toothbrushes, 1 Brut Deodorant and 2 Nivea shave creams. This is the greatest shopping addiction ever, I get the thrill of shopping, I get tons of products that I can use and I pay next to nothing!! My one complaint is I have to go to a CVS that isn't as close, not far but the one that is closest to the house is always out of everything, even when I get there right when the store opens the first day of the sale. They have ordering issues I guess.

Mia had a PT eval today. This is through EI. I liked the girl alot, she is just a couple of years older than me and we really hit it off. I think Mia will do well with her. I like her approach and her action plan. Mia will get at least 5 hours a month of PT and she said if she thinks she needs more they will authorize more. She doesn't think Mia will be able to handle anymore right now though being that she has 1 hour twice a week of PT and she has 1.5 hours a week of OT and soon to have 2 sessions of speech a week, this doesn't include her 1 hour of infant development or her SN My Gym class that is 2-3 times a week. Finally it is all coming together and Mia is getting not only a lot of therapy but EXCELLENT therapy. I am very pleased. She also said that based on her quick assessment Mia is most likely considered Scattered to 15 months in gross motor!! OF course solid 21 would be considered *normal* for her, but I am thrilled to hear 15 months, that is way more than I expected. She is coming along...slow and steady!

Speaking of slow I have a complaint. I take Mia once a week to the waddlers My Gym class, this is 14-22 month old *normal* kids and one of the mothers almost got punched by me (well, not exactly, but she did rub me the wrong way). First of all, her kid is probably much younger than Mia (I wouldn't know though because none of the parents talk to anyone, kind of weird). Her kid is short and tiny. Mia is tiny, but she is on the taller end (she is below the 5th percentile for weight, but about the 75th percentile for height). Anyway back to complaining, Mia was playing in a swing they have a hammock with a green turtle sandbox inside of it. Mia was being silly and laid down in the sandbox (w/out sand) and the mother walks by and looks in at Mia and tells her kid " Do you see the baby?" I am sure she meant nothing by it, but I was annoyed, it was like she was getting a cheap shot in on Mia because she doesn't walk. I let it roll, but obviously it didn't roll all the way off or else I wouldn't still be bent about it. To stay on the track on complaining I get tired of people commenting on how S L O W Mia is. Yes, she is slow, but does everyone think that I don't know that so they want to point it out? For instance, a stranger will say, wow, she is so slow, she must be tired. Or wow, does she always move that slow? I want to say, well actually this is quite fast considering she was not moving at all when she was born and she had to be resuscitated, but thanks for noticing!

Well, I am suddenly way too tired to continue. I have more but that will have to wait.

1 comments:

Popcorn House said...

First of all GREAT job on the CVS stuff. I love CVS but after a few months of it, I am NOT as crazy as I used to be. So you eventually will be able to blog again.....LOL!

Also that is WONDERFUL that she put Mia at 15 months, that is such a great accomplishment.

That irritates me about that mom or peoples slow comments, I think some people just really don't know what to say. This is unrelated, but a friend of mine lost her child to SIDS when she was one. I didn't know her then, but when she told me, I said I just don't even know what to say. She said that was the perfect thing to say, she said that most people say "I know exactly how you feel, I lost my mom or grandma or whoever...." She was like NO you don't know how I feel, I lost a child. So, I do think that people just try too hard maybe to help or relate it to their lives when they just have NO idea what to say or how to act.

That is wonderful that Mia is getting such excellent therapy!!! She is doing so good!!!