CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 9, 2008

Drum Roll Please...

Before we left Hawaii Mia had blood drawn. This was requested by the neuro to check a variety of things including some functions (liver, metabolism, etc) and genetic testing. We knew the next day that the blood work testing the fuctions and lactic acid levels all came back normal which was a relief, but we kind of expected it. Basically he wants to start ruling things out. He said reading Mia's history, etc a doctor most likely would want to come in and give her a CP dx, but based on her MRI, what she is doing (though she is globally delayed) he just didn't feel comfortable giving her that dx. He wanted to make sure that her traumatic birth hasn't over shadowed something else that may be wrong.

I was looking over Mia's medical records and one of the PT's stated in her report that I told her that Mia was given a CP dx, which was a misunderstanding on the PT's end. So I called her to ask her to ammend it. She is going to and then she told me she would have the neuro call me. DRUM ROLL.... So he called and the genetic testing also came back NORMAL! Thank you, God!!! He said well, all of the blood work including the genetic testing came back normal so there we have it. He said that this completes this set of testing but her new doctor may decide to do more testing in the future depending on her abilities etc.

I was thrilled (not surprised, but relieved). My first thought was YEA! Then I was like, great we have no DX still. Then as I smacked myself, I said wait Tara you never wanted a DX in the first place get a grip. I feared that having a DX would hinder things. I felt that a label might make it difficult for me to have faith that she will 'catch up' someday! I still know that a CP dx is still a very real possibility and I know that in many situations having a dx can be helpful. I know all of Mia's therapists and new doctors keep trying to get me to give them a dx, but I stand firm and tell them she has not been given a dx.

When things are so upside down for me and Mike right now and I see all of the prayers that have been answered for Mia I have faith. I have faith that God will see us through yet another seperation. He has not left my side through all of the trials with Mia He won't leave me now!

3 comments:

Popcorn House said...

Glad everything came back normal. Waiting is hard, but Mia is Mia no matter what, so a dx won't change that. She is doing so well!!!

Kiera said...

Glad to hear that the tests were clear. Know that I am thinking of you with the distance relationship. It is so hard to be away from the one you love, especially when you have different communication styles. You have your cyber-girls whenever you need to chat. We are thinking of you and beautiful Mia!

Barbara said...

I too am happy to hear that everything came back normal. I can imagine how difficult it must be - not wanting a diagnosis and maybe wanting one a little bit just to know and maybe allow her to get more help. Either way, she's your beautiful little girl not a label!