CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 16, 2008

WOO HOO!

Yay!! Mia had her first therapy appointment today. It was for the OT evaluation at the rehab hospital. She has the PT eval. on Tuesday and we are still waiting to hear about speech. I am so thrilled that Mia finally started therapy! She is going to go once a week for OT starting Wednesday!! They also gave us some exercises to do at home...back to the therapy BALL! I got home and EI called and said the OT for them is booked until July! Oh my, 1 step forward and another back! The EI is going to send a teacher to the home once a week in the mean time to play. So not a total loss.

I am so thrilled that Mia is finally starting her therapy. She did good today and they thought she was funny, smart and cute!! The OT did mention how weak Mia's trunk is, but offered more activities to do at home to increase her strength. I know that she won't walk until she has more strength so we will work as hard as she can to get her stronger!!

OT wants Mia to stop wearing her SMO's until we meet with PT on Tuesday. They may not be fitting properly because she is getting sores. Poor little honey. I just thought that they started to bother her a little because she has been walking more.

My appointment for my therapy is going to be on May 29th. I am really looking forward to talking with this lady. I sure hope it goes well. I am nervous about meeting with her though. I am very sensative and I often have a hard time discussing things without crying. I was told when I was 10 years old that I cry as a defense mechanism so I don't have to talk anymore. Well, you know what...I never talked to that idiot therapist again after that. I want to talk and I want to get it out there, I cry because the pain is that strong and having to say these things out loud validates my feelings and makes them real. I would much rather talk about them and get them out in the open rather than carrying this weight around!

3 comments:

Popcorn House said...

YEAH for therapy. Of course they thought she was smart and beautiful....who wouldn't. Let us know how PT and speech come along.

I cry all the time! I just was bawling like a baby watching Bridge to Teribithia with my girls.

Barbara said...

I'm so glad to hear that Mia has finally got some therapy lined up - you've had quite the struggle.

Don't feel bad about crying - I've never cried so much as I have the past year. I think it's a great idea to get some help - you have a lot on your plate. I hope it works out for you!

Kiera said...

I am so glad that things are falling into place with Mia's therapies. That is great that she charmed all of them, although I am not surprised, she is adorable.

I want to compliment you also for your tenacity to get the services that Mia deserves. I know it has been a battle and I have been so impressed with your determination. Mia is so lucky to have you.

I am a crier also. I was sitting at my computer tonight sobbing about all of the kids who have issues and what they are going through. You have so much going on and I hope that it really does help to talk to someone.

You are an amazing person and you have friends all over the country. If you ever need an ear to talk to, feel free to call me or e-mail me (let me know if you need my address!!)