CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Not Fun...

I went to Vegas for a friends bachelorette party. I didn't want to go, but I am a bridesmaid in her wedding so I did feel obligated to go. I tried my best to have fun and I think to everyone around me it did appear that I was having fun.

The worst part about it was having to leave Mia. I am not ready to leave her overnight like that. I left at 10:45AM and was home by 3:30pm the next day, but it was too long for me! The brides mom works for Southwest so we flew round trip for free and it is less than an hour flight so that was good.

I don't get it though. We are all almost 30, close to 30 or over 30 and the way they acted is just not my style. I am not going to write it all out, but it was pretty trashy in my opinion. I am not into *slutty* I guess...call me crazy!

Glad to be home and near Mia. She is getting to the point where she no longer wants to be fed. She insists on feeding herself. I am glad that she is making this transition into becoming a full self feeder. She eats better when I let her do it and she is doing pretty good with it. She loves the water and we have a small pool set up for her. It's been so HOT so she has gotten to swim a lot. She refuses to go in naked or with just a swim diaper. It's funny though because in the house lately she wants to be naked. She is able to get herself into a standing position in the pool by pushing off the ground and hold herself balanced for a few seconds. I think it is great exercise for her!! I don't recomend Huggies Swim Diapers. I have a fricken stock load of those things too. I bought tons of them on clearance last year because Mia did aquatherapy and they were such a good price. She was outside of the pool yesterday standing there and pee just shoots straight out of the diaper. She might as well swim without them. I hope they hold in the poo!

2 comments:

Popcorn House said...

That is awesome that she can stand in the pool by herself! GO MIA!!! And feed herself all the time. Makes things more messy, but it is good for them too!

I know what you mean about being over the whole party seen. I never was too into it, but I would go dancing and things with my friends. TOTALLY has no interest for me anymore. You did good leaving Mia it is good for them to know you come back too. I don't leave much (well only when I have been in the hospital having another baby actually.....but I will once my mom offers LOL) but when I leave them at a friends house I think it reinforces your bond with them, that you will come back for them EVERYTIME you leave. Anyways, good job. But glad you are home.

Kiera said...

Bummer to hear that the party did not go well. I agree with you about the feeling old when you go out and do those activities. My friend had a 30th surprise party a couple of summers ago and one of my old college room-mates bragged about how they had been out celebrating the night before and she "drove home when she totally should not have." I was disgusted and appalled that she would brag about that. Her 2 kids, both under 3 at the time, were sitting right there. It just made me glad that I had decided to head home after appetizers that night. You are not alone and you are not being stuffy :)