CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Prayers Please

Being a military spouse just plain sucks sometimes! Right now is one of those times. Mike has been in the Navy for 10 years and he has at least 10 more to go. We have been together for 7 years, married for almost 4 1/2 years. Our relationship has stood many trials. At different times we've both wanted to throw in the towel, but we've made it through. Our longest seperation was 9.5 months which I don't know how I made it through. I lived alone not even near any family. It was very difficult. I had a routine, I put on a smiling face throughout the day and pretended everything was ok and once I got home from work I cried and cried, for hours. It helped me be able to wake up the next day and fake that everything was just great.

I thought that this seperation wouldn't be so bad since he wasn't deployed, but just in another state for school. It has been just as hard if not harder than when he was actually deployed. He becomes very distant when he is away. That is his way to deal with things...ignore it. A typical week for him would be to email two times and call once or twice. Sometimes it is even less if he is in a bad mood. I would love it if he would call and email everyday. I know it won't happen, that's not him. He is doing better than before, but for me it's still not enough. He is having a super hard time being away from Mia. To deal with it he just tries to block her out of his mind. He did web chat with her the other night though, she loved it! She's a daddy's girl.

Please say a prayer for us that we find the strength to make it through yet another seperation. Please pray for all of the military that is seperated from their husbands, wives, children and other family.

2 comments:

Popcorn House said...

I don't know how you can do it! You are so strong and such a great mom. I of course will keep you in my prayers. I think of you often and wish we were in real friends!

Kiera said...

Big hugs Tara. Like Suze mentions, I am always impressed with your ability to handle all of these different events occurring in your life. You are an amazing woman -- an amazing wife and an amazing mom.