CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Therapy

Yeah!!! Mia's getting even closer to therapy. The OT/PT called yesterday to set up her evaluation appointment at the rehab hospital. I called them back, but the person isn't in yet. I will be calling soon and I hope she will be seen next week!! Things are coming together. It worked out that she didn't have any appointments this week since she has been sick.

Mia is now 21 months old. I cannot believe how fast time flies once you have a kiddo!! The other day I held her while she fell asleep and I didn't want to lay her down. Soon she will be too big to hold and cuddle like that. She is so funny too. She is obsessed with shoes because of me. I've always liked shoes, then when I knew she was going to be a girl the shoe frienzy began. I loved how cute those tiny little shoes looked so I would buy her tons of shoes. Most she never even wore. Anyway, the other day I tried on a pair of flip flops for myself and she looked at me and lifted up her foot and tried to take off her shoes so she could try on the shoe. I bought her a pair of Roxy flip flops in her size as play shoes because she loves shoes, but she gets nervous and stiff when she has them on. It's strange. Ever since she got her SMO's I have wanted her to have a pair of white sandles to wear with dresses. I bought her a pair of white Pediped shoes and they were cute, but not sandles. Yesterday I found a pair of white Stride Rite sandles, they are so CUTE and they fit with her SMO's. Even better they were mismarked on clearance for $8.99 but they were not supposed to be!! I am so thrilled!!

I am having a hard time. My friend is having her bach. party in Vegas this weekend and I am supposed to go...I am a bridesmaid. I don't want to go. I am not into parying, drinking, strip clubs, etc. I said before I am a prude. I am not uptight, well I don't think. I used to party and drink, I am just not into anymore, especially since I am a mom. I want to cry thinking about leaving Mia for the night. Everyone is going for 2 nights, I said I would go for 1, but I dont' want to. I will be gone just about 24-26 hours, but I haven't left her overnight since her month stay in the NICU. I know she will be fine and safe, I just hate to be away from her.

I am going to finally see a therapist. I have so many things that I need to talk about. I blog about a lot of them ,but somethings are just too painful. I can no longer continue to live with this much pain and the pain of keeping it all in is just too much for me to handle. I stayed up for 2 hours just crying and crying last night. My eyes are swollen and my head hurts. I hope this lady is worth my while.

3 comments:

Popcorn House said...

Glad that Mia's therapy is going to happen soon. Let us know how your therapy appointment goes too. I am here for you anytime you need!!!

Carolina said...

tara - i'm so glad that mia will be starting therapy soon. what's going on with the language boards i sent? do you want some more? i'm SO happy to help, please let me know. i miss you! i'm going to send you an email...xoxoxo

Kiera said...

Did you end up going to Vegas? I am thinking about you and hoping that it all worked out.