CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I Love Mia's New PT!

I have to make this quick because we are waiting for the teacher to come and play with Mia. I am interested to see what this is all about. We didn't have a teacher as an option for therapy in Hawaii. This is through EI. They are giving Mia a teacher until they have a space for OT for Mia (which isn't until July). I will post the teacher visit information later on!!

Mia had her PT eval today and I loved her! She was great, very nice and had ONLY GOOD things to say about Mia and her abilities!! It was a shock when her first question was: "When was Mia's diagnosed with CP?" I said...she's hasn't been, then she showed me a paper from the new doctor that said DX: CP. I laughed, I probably sounded like the mom in denial. I explained to her that this doctor doesn't know her, didn't even see her medical records and saw her for 5 minutes just to give us referrals for service. She agreed that Mia didn't have a lot of CP characteristics. I am aware that a CP dx is in Mia's future. I would be surprised if they didn't dx her. I am just glad to be buying time without the dx right now.

The PT commented on how wonderful Mia's range of motion is, how she doesn't have hypertonia and that she moves very well. She did mention she is a little slow in her movements, but thinks that she will get quicker in time. She is going to see her on a weekly basis, but she says that Mia needs to be in a play group more than in PT!! That was nice to hear. I am going to sign Mia up for the My Gym classes, but I was waiting for the therapies to start so I could see what kind of a schedule she would have. Mia will start the My Gym by Monday for sure!!

I am sure there will be other things that I think of about today's appointment, but I am just on cloud 9 that I can't remember everything!! I do see how all of the frustration and heartache I was having has paid off and things are once again coming together. Thank you God for always taking care of us!

Ok, gotta run and get ready for the teacher!!!

3 comments:

Carolina said...

great news! i'm so glad that things are turning around! xoxo

Kiera said...

I am so glad that the PT is working out. That is great news that she had so many wonderful things to say about Mia! I am so glad that your persistence on therapy has been paying off!

Popcorn House said...

So glad that therapy is working out for you guys. And that is great that she had such good things to say about Mia. I think we all need positive therapist, helps get us through everything!