CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Somersault...

I haven't posted for several days. I have been busy making jewelry for my sisters wedding. She is getting married in a month. Up until a couple of weeks ago I didn't *bead* but I offered to make jewelry for the bridal party. I figured I would be able to do it. I am almost finished, I have one bracelet and two pairs of earrings left to make. The bracelets are the hardest so far because the chain is so small. I will post pictures soon. It is kind of addicting though. I did go and buy some of the tools needed (pliars, wire cutters, etc) so I figured I should make some more things. I offered to make my mom one too(as her Mother's Day gift). I then decided I would make myself a pretty cell phone lanyard and I bought beads to make Mia two necklaces. I am in my friends wedding in less than 2 weeks and I thought it would be cute to have a pretty necklace for Mia to go with her dress. Of course she couldn't wear the same necklace twice (ha ha!) so I bought more supplies to make another necklace to go with the beautiful dress Mia is wearing to my sister's wedding. It's fun to do. The hardest part is figuring out the design. I am doing chain style so it takes a little longer than if I was just stringing onto wire. I bought some wire and stretch material to see how I like that too.

I am excited to go and see the therapist on Thursday. I am nervous though. I have no real idea of what to expect. I feel like I have so many *issues* to address. I worry that because I am so sensative that I will just cry the entire time. Which I am ok with crying as long as I am able to still speak. I hope I like this lady. I was so emotionally overwhelmed two weeks ago when I called to schedule this appointment, it was kind of funny because she didn't answer but her voice on the machine sounded so sweet and caring I about cried. When they sceretary called to schedule and she asked what was going on and why I wanted to meet with her I almost could not get it out without crying. I at one point said: "well, I have a 21 month old daughter (but I took a long pause to prevent crying) and she replied, oh how cute. I then finished with saying that she has special needs and it can be very overwhelming.

So, my title: Somersault...I know it isn't a milestone, but who says I can't celebrate it if I want to?! When we were still in Hawaii Mia started to try and do somersaults. She did do one on the bed but hasn't been able to get all the way over since. Tonight she was so determined and she did it...many times. She was so excited with herself that she started to clap and laugh and poor girl, when she laughs hard she snorts!!! I was so happy for her. She is such a hard worker. I just wish her daddy was here so he could see his proud baby girl! She just kept doing them. It started with her trying to do it but not sure what to do exactly. So as she was in her position I showed her how to walk her feet closer to her head and roll. She laughed so hard and then tried it herself and SUCCESS!! See, she knows she is starting My Gym soon and they are gymnastics based so she wants to get ahead of the game! That is my *all knowing* girl! Last week I did cartwheels for her and she thought it was so funny. I am sure I do look funny, but was pleased that after all these years I can still do them, maybe not as graceful as I once was, but that's ok, who's scoring?

2 comments:

Popcorn House said...

keep us posted on how it goes with the therapist.

HOW cute that Mia is doing somersaults!!! That is so cute that she is so proud of herself too. I can barely do a somersault at age 28, my mom can't do one. So to me this is SUPER advanced!

Kiera said...

I cannot wait to see your bead designs! I love making beaded jewelry and I was on a bead kick for a while and it was so relaxing!

I hope that things go ok at the therapist. I hope that it helps to talk things out.

I am so excited to hear the news about Mia doing somersaults. You will have to try to catch it on video! I would also love to see the one of you doing cartwheels! I tried one a couple of summers ago and realized that my arms were not up to what they had been in the past :)