CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 10, 2008

And Then It Dawned on Me!

What a day! It started off good, which should have been my first clue. I've been back home in Hawaii for a month now. Since I have been back I have been in a terrible rut. I don't want to do things with people. I've been to church once, I've hung out with my friend twice, but other than that I would rather not see people I know. I don't mind going out in public as long is isn't seeing or doing anything with people I know. Part of the problem is I've gained weight over the holidays and I didn't have room to gain. I am not doing anything about this but complaining and gaining more weight. I had lost 20 pounds, that is back plus some! The other problem is I am getting ready to move and it is hard to say bye to people that you've built relationships and bonds with. It is going to be especially hard leaving our church. The pastor was there so many times praying over Mia in the NICU. It was so incredible too, he would come in and the nurses would flock to our side and everyone would bow their heads and place their hands on Mia. Mia was baptized at the hospital because we were just not sure if she would make it. I am also finding it increasingly hard to speak about Mia. I've always gotten choked up when I would talk about the doctors appointments and stuff, but lately I've been really emotional. 


So, as I said today started out good. I went to Honolulu to the brand new Nordstrom and Janie and Jack stores, they just opened on Friday. I met my friend Jane there. We had a nice time, talking, shopping and just hanging out. The trip was a success, I got a new outfit for Mia (like she needs any clothes), I found a pair of slipper boots for Mia (I was thinking they would fit with her SMO's), I got myself a nice Peugeot salt mill and got a great deal on some gymmies for Mia. I was pleased. I had a disgusting lunch, but that didn't even get me down, I figured I really didn't need food anyway.

 I got a call from the PT that Mia's SMO's were in and I could come in today to get them. I was glad they came in because last night Mia walked pushing a push toy!!! When we tried to get her to do it before she would stiffen up and not move. She will finger walk anywhere and she likes to cruise along the furniture, but those push toys scared her. I noticed how much her ankles rolled so I was hoping she would be getting her SMO's soon. She loves them. I will post pictures, but I didn't take any yet. I like to plan things and I like to shop. I shop a lot, probably too much, but I am pretty much an expert shopper, I buy super nice things for practically nothing, so I am actually saving DH money!! Since finding out Mia was getting SMO's I've searched for shoes. I read the boards and people were mentioning Stride Rite and New Balance. Well, wouldn't you know it Ross started getting in new Stride Rites everyday! (Yeah I go every day when I am looking for something, you have to. That's how you get the deals). I started to buy several pairs thinking that 1 pair is bound to work and I would return the rest. I bought some NB and Nike too. I think I had about 10 pairs in various sizes. I get home from Tripler and go up to Mia's room. We're checking out the shoes and not one single f'ing pair fit. I start to flip out, HOW CAN THIS BE! KMN!!! I tried on the new slipper boots, one fit, one didn't and her SMO's are the same size. This isn't right I tell myself. I got so frustrated. I was able to get the slipper boots on her!! BTW I got them at Disney for 4.99. So, great she has a pair of slippers to wear with her SMO's. I was told by her PT that one of the mom's got Pedipeds to work with the SMO's so I thought we would eat dinner and go to the store and check them out. BTW I also tried on Robeez and those fools didn't work either. 

We head over and check out the Pedipeds, yeah right, unless you cut them they will never fit. Mia has a pretty small foot and it is very narrow. I decided to go to Payless since I also remember people mentioning Payless, well, the one pair I thought would work didn't and they looked ridiculous! I am getting so upset, I want to start crying. I decide to walk over to Ross and hope they have some new shoes, nope. I decide to check some kitchen things out but as I am walking over there I just started to cry. I am so frustrated, what am I going to do! I leave Ross and go next door to Puma, they don't carry shoes in Mia's size, the smallest is a toddler 6. Great. What a waste of time. I head home!

AND THEN IT DAWNED ON ME!!!!!!!!!! Duh, people were mentioning taking out the insoles! Could this really be?! I go home, Mia needs to take a bath and go to bed. She is exhausted since both of her naps were not really naps. She's a trooper though. She's learned to appreciate shopping and trying things on. She pops her foot up and it WORKS!! Not all of them, but a couple of them!!! WOOOOOOO! HOOOOOOO! So, I give her a bath and put her to bed I said! I am going to Nordstrom again tomorrow though as I would like to try and find another pair for her. 3 pairs I have work for her, but they are pretty big so I would like to find something a little smaller!!

0 comments: