CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Go to Bed I Said!

Oh I thought I wasn't going to have my bloggin time! I haven't told DH about my blog. He would not approve of me posting Mia's pictures I am sure. He is very protective of her. She isn't allowed to wear skirts or 2 piece bathing suits, not even when she was just a baby! Now, the skirt thing we do anyways since girls rule! He hasn't been home for a week yet and things have been so crazy with last minute appointments and preparing to live out of suitcases for 5 months is touch. Plus he other night we thought our dog was dying. It has been a long week already and today is just Wednesday! I will eventually show him the blog, well, maybe not show him, but tell him about it. Anyway he wouldn't go to bed and he was on his laptop right behind me while I was on the MAC. Finally to bed I said and there he lays anxiously awaiting for me to get into bed as well!

Our dog is a Jack Russell Terrier named Luke. He is going to be 6 years old next month. Since being in Hawaii he has been miserable. We thought he would love it because we have a small yard (which we didn't have a yard before, we had a balcony, but I taught him to pee off of it!) and he loves to sunbathe. Well, he has severe allergies out here. He has had them all along but a little over a year ago they got really bad and for the past year he has been on a steroid allergy pill. This has caused him to gain a lot of weight (my weight gain is all emotional overeating, I wish I had a pill to blame). He is 24 pounds! He should only be about 13-15, but certainly no more than 17 pounds. Anyway, Sunday night DH rubbed the dog and went upstairs to cut his hair and get ready for the work week. I was on the puter...go figure and Luke went to the couch to lay down. All of a sudden he comes running (very fast too) over to me and is whimpering. He jumped onto my lap and then quickly jumped off. My first thought was he got bit by a centipede. He then ran over to the couch and looked at me like, come join me. I went over there but again he couldn't get comfortable and he was all over the place. I got so scared I yelled for DH to come down stairs. He ran down and I told him something was wrong with the dog. At this point Luke wants to go out front and refuses to go into the backyard. DH puts his shoes on and I said "Do you think he wants to go out front because he doesn't want to die in front of me?" As the dog went outside he had yucky poo. DH walked him and then he had more yucky poo and then just collapsed to the ground and refused to get up. When DH picked him up he was not even fighting to get down. He came in the house and just didn't seem well. It didn't seem like it was just a belly ache. I didn't end up taking him to the vet and he seems ok now. He does need to get off the  meds and he will be going to the vet Monday.
We are canceling the appointment with the devel. doctor that was scheduled for Friday. We thought it was pointless to meet with the idiot again since we just saw him 3-4 weeks ago. Nothing medically has changed with Mia and the MRI hasn't taken place so there is no point in seeing him again. I am glad DH wanted to cancel because I really didn't like him and I certainly don't want him to be the one to give Mia her CP dx. I can't stand him! How mean is that, I don't even know him and I can't stand him. I know that isn't nice, but he wasn't nice to me! 
I have a ton of thoughts to get out, but am much too tired so instead I will go to bed and have them all rolling around in my head. Then I will wake up and feel like I was so 'busy' in my sleep. I wake up talking (in my head not out loud). I am off to bed I said!!

**I had this all ready for posting and some pop up came up and shut off my Safari and I was too tired to deal with it. Good this blogger saves the drafts!!**

1 comments:

Kiera said...

I completely understand what you mean. My dh knows I blog, but has not asked to read it. He is also very protective of our son and does not want me sharing anything about his diagnosis on a blog (although posting on the board is OK and encouraged by him so we can get more info.. hmmm) I think that girls and guys are so different in how we handle these special kids. I know that I need a place to blow off steam and my dh does not want to hear it some days