CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Gymboree

Mia has Gymboree Play class on Friday's. I signed her up about 6 months ago. She doesn't get any interaction with little kids so I thought it would be good for her. As stated earlier this is very difficult for me. I am very uncomfortable there. I feel so 'different' than the other moms. For the most part Mia enjoys it. Well, we were gone for 2 months (vacation) so she returned to the class a few weeks ago. She was scared and wasn't too sure about it anymore. We continued to go. Last Friday was awful. No one talked to me. I tried to engage in conversation with one of the mothers that has been at the class every time that I have. She was very standoffish. I was already uncomfortable being there (I gained weight so I am feeling like a pig) and then no one talks to me. I have a kid that is  3-9 months older than all the other kids, yet she is the only one not walking. (Well, 1 doesn't walk, but I suspect some sort of delay with him based on his movements). So, yesterday I was really dreading going. Nordstrom finally opened out in Hawaii and yesterday was the grand opening. I wanted to skip Gymboree and go to the mall. I didn't want to take Mia out of class because of my insecurities so we went. Well, yesterday for the first time she showed that she had a BLAST! She laughed and cruised around and just enjoyed herself. She even touched a kid on the face, arm and pulled on the little girls shirt. This is big for Mia, she has watched other kids but this was the first time she tried to engage in activity with one!! She was pooped afterwards. She ate lunch and took a nap before her PT. I was so happy that she had a good day at Gymboree. Oh yea and the mom that was standoffish last week was also very friendly. Maybe she was in a bad mood last week and I took it personal?

0 comments: