CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

He's Home!

My hubby has been gone for the past 2 weeks. I was worried when he first left, this would be the first (of many) time that I was going to be alone with Mia day and night. I live in Hawaii right now and NONE of my family lives here. I was scared. She's such a good girl though, we managed just fine. To best quite honest, it was actually easier having him gone!! I made meals that were quick and easy to cook and had little clean up. Mia and I had a wonderful routine. Typically I am relieved at the end of the day when DH comes home because he takes our LO and I make dinner and have a few minutes to do other household things. Her and I would take a nap very late in the day (she would sleep 2 hours, I would sleep 1) and then she would wake up and she would have Pediasure and we would watch some cartoons. Then she would play while I made our dinner. More playing while I cleaned the kitchen. Her and I would play and then it was bath and bedtime. Now, when he was gone I was guilty of staying up waaay to late! I am talking about 1-2 am or even later! I would be going on 4-5 hours of sleep...that's why I needed that PM nap. 

Of course I am glad that he is home. It is just another adjustment to get back in the routine of having him home. Plus we have just 1 car right now which is a huge pain. We already shipped his car to San Diego and we have a good 2 weeks of this sharing thing. I am not good at sharing! It's hard with Mia's therapy and she has several doctors appointments coming up before we leave. I am so so so scared of the MRI. She has had one already, but I just have the butterflies. I wake up in the morning and feel so nervous as the upcoming MRI is my first thought of the day. Next week Mia has therapy 3 times (2 PT and 1 ST), she has a physical to make sure she is good to go for the MRI and then we meet with the horrible devel. ped on Friday. Oh how I don't want to see that guy at all! UGH! KMN! Where I was going with this is how are we going to manage with 1 car? I don't know how people do it. I was without a car for one day before he left and I was going stir crazy, the thought of having to be home all day was awful! We thought about trying to be a 1 car family, i can tell you that thought WILL NEVER enter into my mind again. No way!
Mia is so thrilled to have daddy home. Oh boy does she love her daddy! She just melts his heart. She loves me and is very close, but she is a daddy's girl. She acts so different when he is around. She wants his non stop attention and she wants him to play (she likes rough housing) for hours! He puts her down and she throws a temper tantrum. If I put her down and he is not around she will get upset but only for a moment and then she will play. I feel bad for him when all she wants to do is play, but secretly he LOVES it! I know she makes him feel so special! 

0 comments: