CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Dilemma

Our neighbor invited us over for a first birthday party for their son. I am very uncomfortable about going. These people live right next door and have for the past 5-6 months, but they don't know about Mia's delays. I mean I am sure they suspect something because they know she is older than their son, they know that she doesn't walk, they know that I have her in the baby Bjorn every time I water the front yard. I just have a hard time going around people that don't know about Mia. I have stepped outside of my comfort zone and taken her to Gymboree where eventually I had to explain things. I have a hard time though because it makes me want to cry when I talk about it. I don't want to start balling to someone who I just met. If I try hard to minimally explain Mia without crying I get very wordy and start making little to no sense or I  repeat myself. 

A huge part of me wants to just get a present and skip the party since I am moving in 3 weeks anyway. I will probably never see these people again anyway. Then I think to myself, well, you can't avoid new people forever! I tried to tell my mom my dilemma, but she just doesn't get it. She said "well can't you just tell them that she had a traumatic birth and you're working on catching her up?" I said sure I can, but do I really want to? I don't. She had 4 kids, all of us developed 'normally' she doesn't know what this is like. 
I am going to have to ponder on this a little more. I haven't decided 100% either way.

0 comments: