CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

MRI Scratched?

I have been nervous but anxiously awaiting the MRI for the past couple of weeks. It needs to be done and we've already put it off for 10 months. I recently reviewed some of the information from Mia's first MRI, which I realize makes no sense to me. I haven't tried to look up any of the information to see what it means, but knowing how I am I probably will eventually pick it apart and try and pretend I am a medical expert. Mia started to get a runny nose yesterday and I am now worried that the MRI will be cancelled. She had the sedation physical yesterday and Dr. Lantang said they have to be symptom free for a week prior. As much as I was fighting the MRI (in my head and by canceling the MRI in May) I know that we need to do it. I think we now need to have an official diagnosis post delivery (not just her HIE at birth). If we are not able to do the MRI on Tuesday we will have to put it off for at least 6 more months. DH is going to be in VA for school while Mia and I will be in SO. CAL. I certainly could not do it without him. I am already a nervous wreck. If it does get cancelled due to illness I know that it is God's plan. After I got the appointment scheduled I had this overwhelming feeling that doing to MRI wasn't right. I wasn't sure if it was just a case of 'cold feet' or if it was me knowing that it wasn't the right time. I've said many prayers to God asking him to send me a clearer more obvious sign if I was missing something. 

I cannot figure out why Mia hasn't been given a diagnosis especially given her previous MRI, birth history and global delays. I think I need to have a diagnosis now so I can begin the journey of actually accepting it. I think I could be ok with it, but until I actually hear the words "She has Hypotonic Cerebral Palsy" I can't say how I will handle it. I know that when Dr. Scurry said "I have a very real concern that she has Hypotonic Cerebral Palsy" I really didn't believe him, in part because I don't want to believe him and also because he is an idiot. Which reminds me that I have to meet with that knuckle head again this week. UGH! We met with him a couple of weeks ago and that idiot didn't even document the meeting (since I picked up her records I know). I have found 2 appointments that weren't documented both of them were devel ped appts. Interesting. 
Another interesting but annoying thing is I reviewed all of Mia's medical records and besides the two reports that
 were missing there is one from her 1 year checkup that is filled with lies. I only know for sure that 2 reports are missing and that is only because I know how many times she saw devel. ped. there may be others missing that I don't remember. But the one that is filled with lies is from a doctor that is of experience and was taking over for Mia's ped while she was on maternity leave. It says "The patient is a 1 year old female. Source of information was mother*Past medical history reviewed* Waves bye-bye, Imitates simple daily tasks, rolls a ball back to the examiner, drinks from a cup, bangs objects together, has neat pincer grasp, scribbles spontaneously, says mama or dada specifically, walks holding onto furniture, stands well alone, walked unassisted." Maybe I shouldn't be bothered by it, but 1 I never told the doctor that Mia could do those things and 2 she doesn't even do some of those things now, 7 months later. She just began to furniture walk, she certainly cannot walk unassisted let alone stand. She just started to wave bye bye, she doesn't say mama or dada specifically still. Maybe I am making too big of a deal about it, but I am not very happy with this. I don't even know who I could talk to, plus they would probably just laugh and say 'get over it' (common military solution). 

** This picture is actually from October 06 so Mia was roughly 2 months old. I bought this Anne Geddes outfit as a Halloween costume, but since it's a bunny I thought it was an appropriate Spring/Easter  Picture~

1 comments:

Popcorn House said...

Keep us posted. I know for me, the MRI has really been when my healing started. I have no idea why, but I just feel better. Maybe closure. Not that it is closed, but it is official. Good luck.