CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Morning Blog...



Yes, I know in some parts of the country it is no longer morning, but when you are in Hawaii it seems as though you are just starting your day when everyone else is bringing their day to an end.  I have a lot to blog about, but haven't had the time. I am very nervous tomorrow Mia has her MRI, now I will probably be even more nervous come Friday because that is the day we get to see the 'results' and speak with the neurologist. When I was in church yesterday the Pastor asked if we wanted him to come to the hospital and be with us while Mia has the MRI, I just started to cry and I couldn't even talk. DH of course said no, which was ok, it was just tough. I cannot talk to people about Mia. Well, I take that back, I can tell people who don't care or show sympathy practically as much as they can stand to hear, but when it comes to truly genuine people I just break down. While I am nervous about the sedation I am most worried about the results, how will I handle it and of course sitting here trying to anticipate what the neuro is going to say. I would say about 99% they will give her the dx that we've expected for the past 19 months, but I really don't see it being any easier to swallow. It really breaks my heart that I even have to think about this. 

On another sad note we have to take our dog, Luke to the vet today. This is supposed to be just a physical to confirm he is healthy to fly. I am very nervous though because he hasn't been well lately and I am scared about what the vet is going to find. Last Sunday we thought he was going to die, then he seemed to get back to normal, but yesterday wasn't good. He is a Jack Russell Terrier and is very hyper and gets excited when people come over, he jumps all over them and gives them a grand welcome. Yesterday our friends came over (and he stays with them and has known them for 3 years and loves them) he was excited for just a minute or two and then he was no where to be found. DH found him lying under the table shaking. This isn't normal for Luke. He has bad allergies thanks to Hawaii and has been on steroid meds for a year and a half which have caused him to gain tons of weight. I am scared that even if the vet says he's clear to fly that he won't be able to tolerate the flight. He is going to be 6 years old in a couple of weeks, so he is only in the middle of his life, he's too young to die. 

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Aloha from MI! I hope that the MRI goes well tomorrow. That's always a nerve-wracking experience. You're right though, the result days are almost more frightening. That darn unknown. I hope everything turns out ok with your doggie too. :)

Popcorn House said...

I will be thinking and praying for you tomorrow. Keep us updated!