CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Shoes! Shoes! Shoes!



The last several days I have been overly emotional. I just can't get a grip. It doesn't help trying to find shoes that fit over Mia's SMO's. It has been a challenge for me. It's hard too because I love to buy her shoes and now I realize that a lot of the shoes that I like probably won't work with her SMO's. We had success though! I have a pair of New Balance that fit her and look nice. She has a pair of Nike, I am not sure that they fit good. I have to double check. I know she is getting sick of the off and on with the shoes. She has a pair of Stride Rite that look nice too, they cover the entire brace, but they are a little long. She curls her toes up when I put shoes on her and I don't know why. Today I went to Nordstrom because I noticed on their website that they carried a wide variety of Stride Rite and I was hoping to find a cute pair of white sandals or something of that sort so she can wear them with dresses etc. Well, as usual just because we have regular mainland stores doesn't mean we have the supply. Hawaii is notorious for running low or out of everything I need. It sucks. So, they have 1 pair of sandals and they are light pink. I think, ok I want white but this will work. Wrong, the darn velcro wouldn't close. I guess the longer I deal with these braces the more I will know what kind of shoes will and will not work with them. So, I decide to try the Pediped shoes (I already tried once last night) well, I realized they do work!! I have to put the brace on and velcro the shoe before I velcro the brace!! I feel very happy that I found a pair of shoes for her. The other shoes that I have for her are so bulky and heavy, the Pediped is a soft soled shoe and very light. She loves the braces. She was so proud of herself in Nordy's. The sales girl asked "why does she have to wear braces?" So, I told her that she has low pronation and these help support her ankles from rolling in. She said, oh my little brothers friend wears them, he has Cerebral Palsy. KMN. I am really struggling with this whole CP thing and I dread hearing that DX and I just know it is coming. I will blog about a good conversation I had with Mia's secondary PT.

I am glad Mia loves the braces. She really thinks she's neat with them. I can't help but think to the future though, what will she think when she realizes that not all kids wear them? What do I do when she realizes she's 'different'? I shouldn't worry about the future but I do. I love her so much. I can't even stand to think of her feeling bad or someone making fun of her!

0 comments: